amazing mozzarella low-carb pizza
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 1 Pizza
- 1 8 oz. package of whole milk shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 C 50 g or 1&3/4 oz. pork rind dust -or- blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- optional 1/8 tsp. finely ground sea salt (*use only if you are using blanched almond flour)
- 1/4 C Mario Batali marinara sauce
- 2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- a handful of fresh basil leaves
- Toppings optional: sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, arugula, anchovies
Preheat oven to 425ºF
Add 3/4 of the package of mozzarella (1&3/4 C) the shredded mozzarella, pork rind dust or almond flour & cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl.
Microwave on high for 1 minute or until melted and gooey. (Microwave of for an additional 30 seconds - 1 minute if necessary.)
Add the egg & stir with a spatula until combined.
Turn the dough out onto a sheet pan lined with TWO sheets of parchment paper. (this helps to absorb the excess oil.) Using the spatula, spread the dough out into a circular pizza shape, or just press it onto a circle with your hands.
Using a fork, prick the dough all over so that it cooks evenly.
Bake dough at 425ºF for 8-12-minutes, or until bubbling & just starting to turn brown on the edges.
Once precooked, remove the dough from the oven and add marinara sauce, the remaining mozzarella & parmesan cheeses and any other optional toppings of your choice.
Return the pizza back to the oven and cook just long enough to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. About 5 minutes.
When finished cooking, allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes so that it firms up. Add basil leaves.
I like to cut it with a pizza cutter & serve it right on the sheet pan.
Nutritional information is for using pork rind dust, but without additional toppings.
Serving: 1/2 pizza | Calories: 464kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 54g | Fat: 34g