My friend and self-confidence coach Kara Gott Warner invited me to have a conversation with her recently about imperfection on her newly released popular podcast called Craft your Confidence. Have a listen by clicking play in the player above.
From Kara’s show description:
Imperfection invites us to own our human-ness, embrace the messy parts and get out from behind the bushes and discover the magic of making mistakes.
We share oodles of inspiration to help you get unstuck, and we chat about our own personal vulnerability and willingness (even though it’s hard!) and how we continually do the work in our own lives of letting go of the bonds of perfection.
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Why saying YES to imperfection is the green light to take a deep breath and RELAX.
- How to become the “curious watcher” on the journey.
- Relief that you don’t have to always do it “right.”
- Just getting in the arena is proof that you are doing it RIGHT.
- How to deprogram our upbringing that told us failure is not an option.
- Why failure is the insurance for your success.
- How we can cultivate not knowing. No roadmap required. Trust the next step because that’s all you have.
- Heather shares her story about being the “annoying middle sister who get good grades.” The lie: If we just follow the rules everything will be perfect.
- Learn about Heather’s free 5-day weight loss challenge and how imperfectly love-up on yourself the whole time!
- Be the kid in art class that isn’t afraid to make shitty art.Become the watcher who delights in taking messy action.
How does perfectionism show up for you? If you’re looking for an arena in which to explore how perfectionism shows up, join me for my free 5 Day weight loss challenge and you’ll find out!